My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Let this be a lesson to you.

If you look closely, the needle actually goes through the pin. Lucky it didn't break and get embedded in the quilt (or me).
So it you think you are clever, and you'll just skirt close to your basting pin........don't try it!
I'm just saying.....
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

3 comments:

  1. ok, eye loss aside, the quilt is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, that looks painful, for the quilt and for the possibility of what it could do to your eye. Beautiful quilt though....says she who cannot quilt at all, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well the good news is I left a pile of eggs in her box to try and tempt her back and it worked! She was sitting all yesterday and is still there today and she slept there too - so I think I may have a goer!
    Come late summer I'll look around to see if there are any Elderflower seedlings - if not I'll take a load of cuttings for you and we can keep our fingers crossed!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!