My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Monday, January 14, 2019

Last you heard from me...

Last you heard from me I was procrastinating by unicorn.  The unicorn is still not finished, but I have a good excuse.  December saw us off to the South Island for three weeks camping.  We came back home for several days over Christmas and then went on our usual summer holiday camp - two weeks in an Uncle's paddock with all the extended family.

On the way to the South Island I dropped my two sewing machines off for servicing.  Today, finally, I'm picking them up.  I've got itchy fingers and am dying to see that unicorn finished!

So here's a few photographs of what we got up to in the South Island:


We took 'The Hippo', our trusty four wheel drive camper to get to those spots less common.


Here she is, unfolded in all her glory on the shores of Loch Katrine. 


One of the most stunning places we got to was up the head of the Godley river.  


Summer hadn't quite reached up there and there was plenty of snow to keep the temperatures down.


And because it was early in the season there was no fire ban so we got to enjoy cooking over flames.  


My son got to gut his first deer.  He wasn't too squeamish and the back steaks were delicious.


The Hippo even got us into Fiordland, which didn't disappoint with it's scenery. 


Nor with it's sandflies!  So we only stayed one night before we scrammed out of there as fast as we could.


1 comment:

  1. Nice to take a break! I usually pre-post when I go on vacation so people don't know I am gone. It can be hard to fill in a lot of posts when I haven't done twice the sewing. Strange behavior, I guess. Glad you are back. Good luck on the unicorn.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!