My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Thank you, thank you, thank you....




I have to write a post to say 'thank you' to all the wonderful sponsors who helped get our International Day of the Midwife raffle get off the ground and fly!



The Independent and Core Midwives all got together and grew this project and I think it really helped to bring us together as a group. I designed the quilt that we made and then we had a couple of really great sewing nights - lots of giggles and chatter. We also individually took on bits of the organising and sewing too.



Thank you to 'The PowerQuilter', our local shop, who donated the sumptuous Signature thread for the quilting.


Thank you to 'Spotlight' in Whangarei, who generously donated the batting for the quilt.

Thank you to Lindsay Hurkum, Osteopath, who donated a free treatment.

Thank you to Pamela Gillies, Bowen Therapist, who also donated a free treatment.

Thank you to Harvies, who donated a fabulous garden gift.

Thank you to Northland Limousine Services, who donated a fun Limo ride.

And a big thanks to Avalon Resort Cottages, who donated two nights accommodation.


It was a fun thing to do and we raised over $700, which we are hoping to send to the Solomon Island Midwives Association to help them support and develop midwifery.





We gave away LOTS of cake to passersby and got talking to the public about what midwives do etc etc. And we had fun too!!


I have to say, I'm glad it's over. It was a lot of organising, but it was a great success and worth the effort.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!