My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lanyard Love

So who knew how addictive making lanyards would be?  I've made five now and have another one waiting for me to get some more D-rings.

These are my latest four.  The one with keys on it lives in my handbag and the other three are destined as gifts.



Do you think the blue/grey one is masculine enough for a guy?  Maybe I should make a shorter one for him so it's more of a fob rather than a lanyard?

I've found that 10 pieces of fabric 2 1/2 inches by 4 inches sews up to the perfect length.  Not so long that you have a huge handful of lanyard, but enough that you can sling it round your neck if you are wrestling kids or shopping bags.  (I gave a quick tutorial on how to sew these here.)

Two of the lanyards match a couple of bags I've made.  Cheesy, but I couldn't resist!



The bags are reversible so you can choose your fabric to match your mood.  The black/orange one is a bit bigger than the Little Red Riding hood one but they are both pretty roomy.  I have two of the larger size ones and they are the best for toting round a big quilt project.  I can fit a queen size quilt in it - seriously!



If either of my two sisters who are yet to have birthdays this year wanna get dibs on one of these bags - let me know!

4 comments:

  1. So cool..I love the bags and matching lanyards. I could do with one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure I'm not one of your sisters???
    Great pressies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fabric choices. Craig loves lanyards for his keys and he uses the really long ones and often has them looped over his neck when carrying all his gear so I wouldn't ditch the long style necessarily for the guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, ooh ooh! Orange and black for meeeee! Please :) But really, they are both super cool, you are one talented bunny :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!