My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Quackers!!

is what I call the ducks with. To distinguish from, "Chook, chook, here chooky-chook." Which is obviously for the chickens.

Although Mama Black Hen now responds to both. I think she's a little concerned. Her babies are only a month old, yet they are almost bigger than her.


And they don't fly. And their feet make flappy sounds when they walk, sorry, waddle.

Her babies also have a strange fascination with water. They drink alot. And they squirt it through their nostrils.


In fact they'll put their whole heads under water.

Ducklings are funny. But I don't think Mama Black Hen is amused.


4 comments:

  1. Awwwww. I always love the images of your farm life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that poor confused hen!! Gorgeous ducks though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very cute ducklings.

    Ohhhh..that poor little mother hen..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be too concerned about Mama Black Hen - now she's abandoning maternal duties, but that means she gets to dally with the rooster ....!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!