My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jeanette DeNicolis Meyer Workshop

Renowned international fabric artist  Jeanette DeNicolis Meyer  is coming to Northland.  She will be teaching a two-day course on designing and collage with translucent fabrics.


Quilt and Collage with Translucent Fabrics
Discover the design and color world that opens up while composing quilts or fabric collages with layers of luscious silk organza and crisp cotton organdy. We will begin by producing a gem-like palette of translucent fabric with easy to use paints and then proceed to the design wall, where new colors and shapes will emerge as the translucent fabrics are layered. We will also produce a technique sampler notebook as we experiment with fusing and a variety of machine and hand-sewn seams to explore the design possibilities different finished edges can provide.


Dates:   March 10th and 11th 2012

Location:   Whangarei, venue to be advised

Cost:   $115.00 per person.  $40.00 non-refundable deposit.  Limited places available.

Contact:   Charlotte Scott  09 404 0644


Brought to you by the combined efforts of Whangarei and Kerikeri Patchwork and Quilting Clubs. 

Jeanette’s website: www.jdmeyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!