My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, January 17, 2014

Beginner Quilt Making Classes in Kerikeri



BEGINNER QUILT MAKING CLASSES

Classes are scheduled for Wednesday evenings, 7pm till 9pm beginning February 19th and running for six weeks. They will be held at Cherry Park House, Landing Road, Kerikeri. 

The classes are project based. We will be aiming to make three small items – the first is a table runner, the second a machine cover or placemats and the third a fusible applique project. 

You will need a sewing machine to bring to class – a basic machine is fine. You will also need suitable cotton fabric, batting (the padding inside a quilt), threads, general sewing requirements such as scissors etc. We will talk about specific quilting tools in the first class.

Cost is $60, payable before classes commence.

I aim to run another set of classes later in the year if there is enough interest, please email me (lottiemscott at yahoo dot come) your email and phone if you are interested and let me know if Feb suits or later in the year. I'm limiting places to ensure I can give enough attention to everyone, so get in quick.

Quilt making is really fun, immensely satisfying and just a bit addictive, so come along and learn something new!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. You are a great teacher and I'm glad you are going to pass your skills onto many. I would certainly be there with bells on if I lived closer. Best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I hope you get plenty of people signing up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!