This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

My New Mansion


My Dear Husband and I were having an argument a little while ago. Basically, the theme was me complaining that nothing gets done around here (we live in a half-renovated house) and that he always wants to go and work out at "the land" (we also own a block of land on which we planned to build our "dream" house on).

To cut a long story short, we decided to move out into the shed. We hope that this will achieve a few things: we can finish renovating the place we are in when we move out (MUCH easier!); we can then rent this place out (always welcome a few extra $$); we will be where we really want to be; and when we do finally have enough money to build our house, we'll be right there to oversee it.

But I don't know if I'm excited or just plain scared. "Scared?" you ask. Well, moving out to the shed means moving out to a long drop loo*. Hubby promises to build me a floor and walls in the shed at least, but the long drop will have to stay for a wee (pardon the pun!) while. What am I letting myself in for?
*(For those of you who don't know what a long drop is, think toilet with a view, fresh air and no flush button! That's a picture of my very own long drop up there.)


2 comments:

  1. Yay, another blog to watch! You're a braver woman than I, with two kids in tow, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, the blog bug is catching!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.