My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Podcast - Interview with Helen Pedersen, Tutor Convenor, Manawatu Quilt Symposium 2015

Helen Pedersen was the brave lady who put her hand up to organise the tutors for Quilt Symposium Manawatu 2015.  I wanted to chat with her about how you go about finding, contracting and organising about 40 national and international tutors for five days of classes.  Helen was generous with her time and knowledge and I think you'll find it interesting to listen to how it all worked.

Helen and myself at Symposium
Helen can be found at http://honeybunchquilting.blogspot.co.nz, although she hasn't been very active on her blog lately, and I think I have a fairly good idea of why!  But it's still worth having a look, Helen has some nice quilts on display, including a couple of prize winners.

My audio player is orange today in recognition that orange was the theme colour of the Manawatu Quilt Symposium.  See Helen's vest?  Every committee member wore a variation of an orange vest so they were visible and recognisable - and they certainly were!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little late in commenting, but I really enjoyed this interview. Who knew that arranging tutors was such a lot of work - but Helen seems to be the type of person who just takes it all in stride.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!