My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wot Knots Bakers Dozen Exhbition


My good  friend, and fellow art quilter, Mathea Daunheimer, has an exhibition hanging at the moment.  She is part of a group called 'Wot Knots', and 13 of them have been working away on a 12" x 12" challenge over the last couple of years.

"A Bakers Dozen, 12 x 12 Challenge" opened at Reyburn House in Whangarei on the 4th of June.  It runs till the 28th so you still have a few days to see it.

I was lucky enough to attend the opening night and I was blown away by, not only the talent and imagination of these woman, but the commitment they each displayed in seeing this challenge through.

Every member of the group took a turn in picking a theme, with an overall theme of New Zealand.  Then every member had two months to make a 12" x 12" quilt depicting the chosen theme for that period.  The quilts are hung in their themed groups and make for an interesting exhibition.

Here are a few photographs from the opening night.





This last photo is of two of the exhibitors.  Sonya Prchal on the left and Mathea Daunheimer, hamming it up, on the right!  Both are very talented artists so I urge you to click on their names and go have a look at their work.

Edited to add: due to the popularity of this exhibition, the date has been extended till 12th July.

1 comment:

  1. Great photo's, I was also very impressed with the variety of quilts, some lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!