My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Monday, December 4, 2017

Rachel Maw, Kathleen Burford and Bobby Duncan on The NZ Quilt Show

The NZ Quilt Show took a little break over the last few weeks because of this little guy, my newest nephew!


I downed tools and flew to Australia to spend a week with my sister, her husband and the new addition.  It's such a special time with a newborn, but hard work!  I felt really lucky that I could help out a bit (and cuddle the baby, of course!)

This episode of The NZ Quilt Show podcast continues the National Quilt Symposium round up and includes interviews with Rachel Maw from Annie's Country Quilt Store, a lovely little quilt store in Ashburton, NZ;


Kathleen Burford from the Migrant Women's Quilt Project;

and Bobby Duncan of Fabric by Three, a family owned fabric dyeing company.  That's Bobbi on the left, her husband John in the centre and John's sister, Liz on the right.


A note about the Migrant Women's Quilt Group - Kathleen and her group of volunteers teach migrant women, whether they be refugees or recent immigrants, to make quilts.  This group fosters friendships, makes connections, helps with learning English, all while teaching sewing skills.  They use donations to help keep the group going.  If you have GOOD quality fabric, sewing threads, notions etc to donate, you can contact Kathleen via email seniorburfords at gmail dot com


Thank you to everyone who supports this podcast and helps me tell the stories of our quiltmakers, artists and professionals.  If you would like to support me, head over to iTunes and leave a five star review, pop over to my podbean hosting site and leave a donation, or consider advertising your business by sponsoring an episode.  Email me at theslightlymadquiltlady@gmail.com  Cheers!



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!