My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quilting.


After 400 metres of thread, I am beginning to think I am over-quilting this quilt. 




However, I only have about 100 metres left to go around the edges.




And then I can start on this one.

Methinks a flower in the centre with a geometric filler around it.

I think I'll make the filler motif just a tad larger than on that blue and yellow one...

5 comments:

  1. I've never made a quilt but know it's something that I will do eventually. I like to read other blogs about their quilting and note that quite a few people take theirs to professionals with big machines. How do you quilt yours and how do keep a track of that intricate pattern? I gather it is machine stitched? Do you trace first or just freehand it? I'm fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Lottie
    This is the most beautiful of quilts! I don't think you are overquilting at all. I wish I was patient enough to do this, but alas, I am not! Truly gorgeous, I love it, thanks for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, but LOVE the second it's really beautiful and the colours are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - what gorgeous quilting. I've only finished two quilts and have only tried straight line quilting so far!!! This has definitely inspired me. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is gorgeous - love your idea of a central geometric shape then the rest a background filler - very clever. Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!