My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Yesterday




This is a pretty good sum up of how I was feeling yesterday. And the kids too. Do you have those days where it's a write-off by 10am and you realise you just have to dig in and survive? Well, yesterday was one of those. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, my kids did grated on my nerves and by the end of the day I just wanted to strangle them. Then of course I felt horrible for not liking my kids. Bad mother, bad mother.
Today, however, was fine.
Thank heavens.
Or I might not have survived.


2 comments:

  1. Oh ick, I really don't like those days. I sorta had one too, irritated beyond belief at my 4 year old and yelled at my 17 month old. Yelled at a 17 month old? What am I, some sort of bogan can't cope with my own kids sort of mother? Um, yes, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I, too can relate. Sometimes by the time we leave the house at 7:30 a.m. there has been so much tumult already that I just wish we could all go back to bed, take a nap & try again...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!