This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Bundles of Fluff.

This little one is a Barnevelder. A dutch breed, beautiful dark brown feathers with black lacing and will lay dark brown, speckled eggs.

The white ones: Light Sussex up top, will be white with a black necklace and black tail feathers; down the bottom is Faverolle, very rare, has five toes (see them?) and will have a beard.


And this one I think is a cross between my Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster and one of my Blue Orpingtons.


They are so funny when I drop teeny bits of broccolli and comfrey into their box. Think of a gang of kids having a lolly scramble! Except there are no parents to step in and comfort the losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.