This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A brewing storm


For once I had my camera in my bag on the drive home and this is what I got to capture.  That's my house way up on those hills under those beautiful, ominous clouds.  And when we got home we did have impressive thunder and a heavy shower.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts about my Father in Law.  He passed away peacefully last week and we held a wonderful funeral and fantastic party on the weekend, just as he wanted.  We had a band, a spit roast, dancing and fireworks!  When I go, I want a send off like his.


There are moments of sadness, but plenty of good memories and stories.  My husband seems to be coping well and the kids are doing ok too.  I guess it's just going to take a time of adjustment and who knows how long that time will be.

Hug your loved ones, call up the ones you haven't seen for a while and have a catch up.  I hope to be back blogging with increasing regularity soon.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like one great send off!! Best wishes to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{hugs}} Charlootte...thinking of you. Sounds like a lovely farewell to a much-loved man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better than the usual doleful ceremonies. Of course there will be a hole but the memories will eventually fill it up.

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful send off and so positive to celebrate his life rather than his passing. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful wake, sounds like a perfect way to celebrate your FILs life. Great photo of those stormy clouds. Could do with some rain - our ground is cracked already! Best wishes from Bridget

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.