This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Old Maid's Puzzle

A while back I finished this quilt.  Then more recently I was looking for a picture of it in my 'finished quilts' folder to show someone and couldn't find it, leading to the conclusion that I hadn't taken any photos of it finished. So here goes.  

It was a hot, sunny day and it's a pretty big quilt.  I hauled it into my garden and used a couple of trusty bulldog clips to string it up on an old climbing frame.....


But I think I like the distance shot more.  It shows the light-to-dark effect better.  Shame it shows all the junk in my yard at the same time.....


Then I took a shot of the back, because if you're any sort of quilter at all, you always want to see the back...


And here's a close up of the back so you can scrutinise my quilting.  It was machine quilted on my domestic machine, by me and my trusty machingers gloves....


Then I tried an arty shot, draped over a old wooden ladder propped up against a poplar tree.  I think the sun was gently frying my brain by then.....


So I gave it up and went inside for a cold drink....

Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. That quilting pattern worked out really well, didn't it? and I love the subtle colours of this quilt. Other people make those artistic shots look so simple - but they are really hard to get right. I like to get the whole thing in the shot - and sometimes it's about giving a closeup peek...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt and I love your quilting. And the "junk" in your yard...it's not just you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I like your quilting choice. very artful photo's, I hope the cold drink settled the frying brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of your quilt - it is a lovely one and your quilting looks really cool too. I have discovered that one can spend ages arranging quilts for photos but then the first few photos are the best ones anyway!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.