This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

French Braid Finish


Finished!  And just in time to give as a gift at our quilting club Christmas lunch yesterday.  I ended up binding it in the same fabric that I used for the super simple centre appliqué.


Here's the back.  I used remnants of some of the front fabrics.  How lucky are you?  You get to see my toes AND my quilting.  Click for a close-up (of the quilting, not the toes!).



I was really pleased with how it turned out.  In fact I wouldn't have minded winning it back as my own present, but I got yummy home pressed olive oil instead.  The pattern is super simple and I think I'll have to remember it and use it again.  How about browns shading to creams with red accent squares?

4 comments:

  1. very cool......I was thinking you could have painted your toenails red though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, I like the nearly three-dimensional look of the runner and your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect - love it!! The colours are stunning. I have some Christmas fabric put aside for a braid runner but don't think there is as much a colour range as in yours; may have to rethink it as yours is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.