My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

French Braid Finish


Finished!  And just in time to give as a gift at our quilting club Christmas lunch yesterday.  I ended up binding it in the same fabric that I used for the super simple centre appliqué.


Here's the back.  I used remnants of some of the front fabrics.  How lucky are you?  You get to see my toes AND my quilting.  Click for a close-up (of the quilting, not the toes!).



I was really pleased with how it turned out.  In fact I wouldn't have minded winning it back as my own present, but I got yummy home pressed olive oil instead.  The pattern is super simple and I think I'll have to remember it and use it again.  How about browns shading to creams with red accent squares?

4 comments:

  1. very cool......I was thinking you could have painted your toenails red though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, I like the nearly three-dimensional look of the runner and your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just perfect - love it!! The colours are stunning. I have some Christmas fabric put aside for a braid runner but don't think there is as much a colour range as in yours; may have to rethink it as yours is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!