This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

The day of B's


Today I'm brewing,


baking,


and binding.

Brewing:  a ginger beer bug.

Baking:  two ginger-crunch cakes, one for the School Regatta tomorrow, one for the pantry tins.

Binding:  My tree of life quilt.  Do you like my faux piping?  Or would you call it a flange?  A decorative edging?  Whatever you call it, I like it, and I especially like that I got it pretty neat and tidy.  Two corners are done, two to go.  Do you measure your progress on hand-stitching binding like that?

3 comments:

  1. I like the flange and yes, I count by corners too. We have ginger beer on the go too :) but I'm afraid my gingernuts were bought.

    I'm making elderberry cordial today which is a first.

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup I sure do measure how far to go on binding just like that!!!
    The peeper, piping.....blabla, whatever you call is cool!!!
    Mmmm baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly how I measure binding. I bet I couldn't bind a round quilt because there would be no corners to count. Ginger beer....sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.