This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hand-cranked Unity Sewing Machine aka Belinda

Meet my new friend.  Her name is Belinda.


We are still getting to know each other.  Belinda needs a bit of TLC.


But her handle cranks and her needle goes up and down.  She has spare bobbins and a few interesting looking feet.   


Shortly she'll go off and meet the nice sewing machine doctor.  I've promised her it won't hurt a bit and she'll feel good as new when she comes home (finger's crossed).


Isn't she a darling?

7 comments:

  1. LOVELY!! I hope you enjoy it! I like to think one of these will cross my path someday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she is a darling!!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I have a similar machine ( a family heirloom) but it's a Singer. Hope you find someone good to fix her up, my experience wasn't good - the original foot got 'lost' and the case was damaged during servicing...was fixed up for me all free of charge but I was disappointed all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so luck to have it in the original case.The one I have as bought for my Daughter when she was about 5yr as she wanted a toy machine. I have since taken the machine to Craft Fair to demonstrate on. It had a great interest shown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love it! I had a treadle when I lived in Wellington. (Over 20 years ago) Sadly, I no longer have it as we got "rid off" what we couldn't fit in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - what a treasure! Wishing her a happy visit at the Drs and you both many happy times together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really neat! A decent treadle machine would be my wish but this would be good too.

    I just posted off my red square and hope you like it when you see it :)

    viv

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.