This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Crafty Christmas Camping


This is what I'm taking camping.  A spindle, roving, knitting needles, yarn and my hand cranked sewing machine.  And my Mother in Law is taking her spinning wheel (which she hasn't used for a looooong time and is hoping she remembers how).

We are going to have a crafty Christmas.  I want to learn how to spin and the kid have been fascinated by it too so hopefully they'll show more than a passing interest.

Then there is knitting.  I've been holding off learning because the last thing I need is a yarn stash and more WIP's.  But I can't hold off any longer, this is the year!

I'll let you know when I come back whether our experiments were successful.

Merry Christmas everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with that :)

    Merry Christmas all

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Xmas! Enjoy! Spinning is very relaxing and relaxing! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you!!!! enjoy the spinning :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.