My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Whangarei Patchwork and Quilters Exhibition

This weekend is the Whangarei Quilting exhibition.  A few months ago they asked me if I'd like to be the judge for their challenge and a guest exhibitor and demonstrator.  I was pretty chuffed and said yes, not knowing how hard judging the wonderful challenge quilts was going to be!


But it's all done now (after much thought and many cups of tea) 
and the opening function is tonight when I get to announce the winners.  

I'll be demonstrating tomorrow (Friday) and a selection of my quilts will be hanging all weekend.  I've taken my hand dyed silk organza and am demonstrating how to use it to make a piece of textile art for the wall.


I'd love to see you if you're in the area.  It promises to be a great show, plenty of quilts, great merchants, a wonderful sales table and lots of great raffles.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you and all The group have a wonderful exhibition with crowds of viewers. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!