This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Impending



I've written before about how I love watching the weather roll in. We have such a big sky here I can see for miles. These are pictures from my bedroom window and my lounge window this morning.

It looked threatening and majestic but all it turned into was a few spots of rain. We managed to go for our walk. The kids and I take the dogs (and sometimes the neighbours dogs too) down the road to the cattle yards where they (the kids) play on the fences, gates and ramps. Just like a regular playground but without the bright colours and the swings!

Tonight I'm working a twelve hour shift, from 7 pm to 7 am. I haven't worked a twelve hour for a long time so I'm hoping I don't flake. With any luck the place will be empty and I can get lots of sewing done, prepare for my antenatal classes this weekend and maybe even fit in a snooze. Or I hope it will be really busy with a birth or two so I don't even notice the time passing.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I miss those skies - the skies in the Pilbara went on for miles too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Zealand has the bluest skies & the most beautiful ocean I have ever seen! I love your pictures. They helped me keep my memories alive & with all swirling around me that was a very lovely thing today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love checking your blog and getting my wide open space and country living fix :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.