My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Beauty

These are pictures from our first morning. Neither of us big people had to rush off to work and so we walked around and enjoyed ourselves, 'basking in the serenity'.




As yet, our creepy crawly encounters are limited to a nightly visit from a mouse who we see out the corner of our eyes, flitting under our door. Unfortunately he will have to go, I hope he likes peanut butter as that will be his last meal....snap! But I'm expecting many visits from eight legged friends if the amount of webs is anything to go by.



My small daughter has suddenly shown herself to be scared of spiders. "Spliler, Mummy, spliler!" She will say with a worried look on her face. I hope to impress her with the beauty of their webs and show her how they can be safely removed outside without hysterics so she doesn't become a complete arachniphobic.


The hugeness of the sky out here amazes me often. I can watch the weather rolling in from the north, usually rain clouds, and then I can see it scudding off into the distance as it passes.



I hope I never become accustomed to the view.