My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wahoo!! I'm back!

Well, this morning a lovely man came and turned my phone on. Now I'm back on broadband and have a new phone number to memorise. And they only charged me $500 for the priviledge (*gulp*). Yes, $500 is what it will cost you for a new rural phone connection. But let's not dwell on that. I'm just so happy to be back on-line.


We are in our new house. Yay! And I had some beautiful photos to post except I can't find my camera USB cable - it'll still be back at my old place which we are STILL clearing out little by little. I have no idea how people a) organise a complete, all in one day, empty-and-clean house move and b) stay calm and sane and pleasant while they do it!


The chickens are all moved and it only took us two goes to catch them all. Ten hens and one rooster who have now been in their enclosure for six nights. Only two eggs today, which is an improvement on one for the last few days. I think I might have to have a loud conversation about heads and axes outside their cage!


The puppy has been getting more daily excercise than she ever has before as she bounds along enthusiastically after the kids.


And the kids. Well, their first night they were very excited and we were prepared for a wakeful one but, to our surprise, they slept like they always do and every night since has been a settled one. It must be all the fresh air.


Hubby and I are tired and busy but very happy to finally be here. My first morning at about quarter to 7, I went for a stroll to the longdrop outside. Such stillness and peace. It was chilly and misty, the totara trees just shadows looming in the distance. I could hear the stream at the bottom of our property and a rooster far off in the distance. The cobwebs in the grass were outlined in dew and it was such a fantastic feeling to be here. I was filled with greatfulness to have the chance to live in a place like New Zealand and, even better, a place like right here.