This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Quilting.


After 400 metres of thread, I am beginning to think I am over-quilting this quilt. 




However, I only have about 100 metres left to go around the edges.




And then I can start on this one.

Methinks a flower in the centre with a geometric filler around it.

I think I'll make the filler motif just a tad larger than on that blue and yellow one...

5 comments:

  1. I've never made a quilt but know it's something that I will do eventually. I like to read other blogs about their quilting and note that quite a few people take theirs to professionals with big machines. How do you quilt yours and how do keep a track of that intricate pattern? I gather it is machine stitched? Do you trace first or just freehand it? I'm fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms Lottie
    This is the most beautiful of quilts! I don't think you are overquilting at all. I wish I was patient enough to do this, but alas, I am not! Truly gorgeous, I love it, thanks for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one, but LOVE the second it's really beautiful and the colours are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - what gorgeous quilting. I've only finished two quilts and have only tried straight line quilting so far!!! This has definitely inspired me. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is gorgeous - love your idea of a central geometric shape then the rest a background filler - very clever. Hugs Jx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.