This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Flying Geese

I'm having trouble getting motivated to blog lately.  There are a few contributing reasons.  Life seems pretty mundane at the moment after the excitement of Symposium, we've had some not-so-great news about my Father in Law's cancer, my garden is a neglected mess, and the rain is making the animals muddy and unphotogenic!  


But I know that if I ease myself into it gently, I'll probably find my mojo again.  So I'm going to just try and do short, simple posts.  A little snippet of what I'm up to.  Nothing deep and meaningful here, folks - nothing that requires me to think too much. 

So today I'm working on a 21st Birthday Signature Quilt.  I have had all the signed blocks for a while now, so I must knuckle down and knock it off to clear my headspace a little.  The Flying Geese are done, now onto the Bear's Paw and Pinwheel blocks.


5 comments:

  1. I will be watching this space as this looks like it will be a lovely quilt, nice country colours.
    I hope you are feeling more in the groove soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My garden has gone to the dogs too...and I have been to the vet twice in two weeks, once with a g.pig and once with a sick bunny so finances have been tight making for a stressful week. Sorry about your FIL (((hugs)))

    Yay for crafting though. I hope you find your happy place again Lottie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just simply had far too much excitement for one quilt lady to handle (slightly mad or not!) I shall watch with interest how the signature block quilt progresses - sounds intriguing - can you post a picture of your plan? And I'm only a bit jealous wishing it was me that was suffering from over-excitement... 2 kids, rainy school holidays... not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your mojo returns soon. A signature quilt for a special birthday sounds like a fabulous idea - have fun with it . Sorry to hear about your father in law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your father in law :(

    Im also in a rut with my blog - mum just emailed me to make sure I was ok as I hadn't posted for almost a week! But you're right, I dont have anything to blog about! Weather is guff, veggies are all done, animals are all muddy!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.