My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Growing Things


We spent the weekend growing things.  We grew the wood pile for next winter and it's higher than my head now.  There is something very satisfying about having a good stock of fragrant wood drying.  Maybe it harks back to caveman days when fire was safety, warmth and food all in one.


We didn't grow these, but we did plant them.  Fifty baby Kanuka trees that will become a hedge/shelter belt and will shield us from the view of the neighbours.  Grow babies, grow!


And my quilt continues to grow slowly.  I've been glue basting the birds on and will soon be appliquéing them with a straight stitch.

I hope you had a productive weekend too.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like so many having a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing lots of similar things this weekend - 'moving' wood around LOL!, planting and spreading straw mulch and also did some sewing! cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life in the country - the cycle of wood and trees...

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!