My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Multi-tasking

So I've discovered that I'm not really a 'one WIP' kinda girl.  I've been focusing on getting my Tree of Life quilt ready for the Auckland Festival of Quilts, and with a week and a half to go before hand in date all I can think of is all the projects I'd RATHER be doing.

You get an old pic to make me feel better about how far it's come since this - and because I've temporarily mislaid my camera.
Like trying monoprinting.  I have a big sheet of glass and I used it to monoprint a couple of pieces of organza for my Tree of Life quilt the other day.  Turns out it's fun, and it's easier than painting the organza direct.  So now I'm itching to play with printing.

And I'm a third of a way through quilting my Old Maid's Puzzle quilt.  It's so close and yet so far because I haven't worked on it for months.  I swear it looks at me resentfully every time I dump something else on top of it in my studio!

This was taken months ago - before I moved into my new studio!
Then there is the other stack of UFO's.  I can't even claim that they are WIP's because the work and the progress part are sorely missing.

I'd really like to work on this organza piece some more. 
And it's spring.  The garden is a forest of borage and brassica flowers - all very pretty, but it doesn't bode well for the menu come summer.

So, in a way, I'm glad that the deadline is approaching way too fast.  Because whether I finish my Tree of Life quilt or not, in a week and a half, I'll be able to pick up something else.  Or two or three other things at once - I'll be in multi tasking heaven again.

4 comments:

  1. Yep I'm a multi tasking kinda girl too - I do get distracted easily as there is so much that interests and excites me. Good luck with getting Tree of Life done in time - I'm looking forward to seeing it when you find your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I often have many things on the go but nothing quite so creative as your quilts - they look lovely even in their WIP states. The weather isn't very conducive to gardening is it? and as you know we are expecting more rain to come soon to Northland. Every now and again I go out and tackle the overgrown garden, it's not looking very presentable but I am gradually getting a few veg planted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I've got my fingers crossed for you, but shall I hold my breath? I'd rather quilt than garden, just come see my garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh with the visual of borage and brassica flowers for dinner. I know just how you feel though and the sense of relief when a deadline is reached and it's something else to do.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!