This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tweet


I'm not very well, and haven't been for a few days now.  The eyes have almost healed, still have a lump on my forehead - that's almost gone too, but what's bothering me is a nasty cold.  The kids and Hubby had it a week or two ago and I thought I escaped...ha!


So I'm hanging out at home and working on a couple of quilts that have deadlines.  The blue log cabin, and hopefully I'll be able to show you the completed top very soon and this bird one.  I'm showing just a couple of sneak peeks as it's kind of a commission and I don't want to spoil the surprise by too many WIP (work in progress) shots.

Hubby is slowly working on me with the house.  It's a complete dump and needs so much work, but in reality that's the best way to buy a house - it's much cheaper to put in your own elbow grease!  He's also talking me round by designing a second floor studio...oh the water views I'd have...yup, he's a pretty good sweet talker.  I'll keep you posted, but right now I think it's time for another lemon honey drink.

3 comments:

  1. Oh bummer you are feeling so low! The whole house move thing sounds exciting though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be the cold I thought I'd escaped and which put me out of action for all last week! I even had to miss a class I'd been waiting for for three months :(

    Those sneak peeks look very inviting - so do the studio views :)

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better by now Charlotte. I'm intrigued by your tweet project - keep stitching so you can show us some more soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.