My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The goodness of your heart

I need to tell this little story just to prove that there are still good people in this world!



I bought two rabbits from a lady in Tauranga (a 14 hour return drive from here). I had timed it so that the Petbus (a pet transport service) would be passing her place in the couple of days after I finalised the purchase, only to find that the Petbus lady had decided not to go to Tauranga this month but go straight past and down to Wellington. Darn!

The seller really wanted to get rid of the bunnies, but there is no way that I can fit in a 14 hour return drive. What to do? I tried to find another transport company - no go.



Just a cute pic of my two wee girls I already have.

Then someone suggested posting a notice on the Trademe community notice board. Trademe is like Ebay. And there is a section with lots of different threads of people asking questions, looking for help, or just chatting.


Anyway, on the Rabbit Lovers thread (!) I asked if anyone was travelling north who could help me out with bunnies. Several messages backwards and forwards and my bunnies are now boarding with a lady in Paeroa who will then take them to Auckland at Easter when she goes to the Rabbit Show. She is going to give them to a fellow bunny lover who is coming down from Whangarei for the show. They will then take them back up North for me to collect.


How amazing!! These people don't know me from Adam, but they are prepared to go out of their way to help. I am paying the lady to board my rabbits, but a totally minimal price. And she still had to drive to a pickup point, etc etc.


Have faith everyone, there are still wonderful people out there.

6 comments:

  1. oh such a nice story! you have to post pictures of them when they get there!

    michelle and lil

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that? I love that sort of story. And there is an Aus 20 cent coin about to head to the US(?) thanks to you sis.

    Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. That's so sweet. So nice to read this, esp. since my faith in humanity is being tested as I'm typing. This is wonderful.

    And also loved to read about the coin... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great how sometimes thing can just fall together.It's also nice to know that there are still nice people all over the world. God bless
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are still some wonderful kind souls out there, it's just when we meet the not soo good ones we forget about the fabulous ones.

    lovely story, looking forward to hear about their journey.

    thanks also for popping by & leaving a sweet comment, lovely to have found you through your sis.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!