My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lockdown Day 15

Good news on the lockdown front. New Zealand only has 29 new cases today, which is down from 53 (I think) yesterday and about 64 the day before. It really seems like the trend is going down and our strict lockdown rules and closed borders are working. We still have had only one death, and currently four people are in intensive care.


I spent today planting seedlings, pottering in my studio and helping hubby dig to fill in behind a retaining wall he's been building.

I also gave in and bought a new phone. I have an iPhone 5, which is obviously quite old and very well used. It survived a swim in my indigo vat last year but it's been showing it's age lately with the battery going downhill quickly, a few random shut-offs and finally today, it's memory decided that it was completely full and no matter what I do with offloading photographs, it still won't take any new ones.

So that is why you have an old picture of Cerego's compass (the boat I used to live on). Just because I think it's cool, and it ties in nicely to feeling like NZ is heading in the right direction with the Covid-19 pandemic, and because I can't take any new pics without stealing a device from another family member!

1 comment:

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!