My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Friday, April 24, 2020

Lockdown Day 30




Three little dickey birds. I'm wondering what to do with these? Should I turn them into applique designs? Or what about embroidery designs?

I'm considering putting together some sort of embroidery kit with my own drawings, my hand-dyed threads and hand-dyed background linen. It'll include simple instructions, a hoop and a needle. And maybe I'll put it all in a little bag made from my own hand-dyed thread.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure after the quarantine passes, your idea of an embroidery kit might do quite well. In the meantime you could certainly do applique patterns of your lovely birds ! They'd be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they might look good in a variety of blackwork stitches....I have some kiwi done that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do both and cover all your bases, though the kits would mean going to the post office. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have had this discussion before over the years... and I think both would work. Patterns online for either Stitchery or applique... and Stitchery kits.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!