My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lockdown Day 22

Those of you with eagle eyes might notice that there was no day 21. Shock and horror, I totally forgot! I've been slowly falling down the rabbit holes of indie pattern designs, body shape websites, style for over 40's, capsule wardrobe....and the fall got faster, and faster, and faster till my head was spinning and I went to bed!

I think I've learnt a bit though and might have to tackle a bit of editing on my wardrobe soon. Once that's done I'll be able to confidentally evaluate what direction I need to focus on with my garment sewing endeavours. Fun and games and NOT what I thought I'd be doing in lockdown.

Peacefrog. In all her glory.

Today I went down another rabbit hole, or rather a little memory lane, when a friend posted a photo of her fishing on my husband's old boat. When I first met him, he lived aboard a 34 foot steel-hulled yacht he had built himself. He bought the deck paint on special. It was on special because it was very, very bright green. Conseqently, the boat was named Peacefrog, in reference to the colour and to the song by The Doors.


So from there, that led us to talking about New Zealand music artists. I don't know why exactly, but then Hubby got all excited about teaching the kids who Paul Ubana Jones is. We went to see him live about 17 years ago and he was amazing! Watch one of his videos on his website, a guitaring legend.


And then I introduced the family to Tami Neilson, who I've just found. She's Canadian born, but calls NZ home now, so can we claim her? 


Ok, that was a bit different. No sewing involved. But when I'm writing everyday, some of it's going to get a little eclectic.

1 comment:

  1. It's neat when your kids get to an age that you can just talk to them... Not trying to teach them anything... but just sharing a moment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!