My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Monday, April 20, 2020

Lockdown Day 26

Well, today it was announced by Jacinda Adern (our Prime Minister), that alert Level 4 (lockdown) would continue for another week and then we would go into alert Level 3 for another 2, with further review after that. Hey! I win a bet I had with my stitching buddies - and girls, I take payment in fabric!

I worked today and then had a zoom meeting (planning still goes on the The Great NZ Quilt Show next May - mark your diaries!) so you're not going to get an essay from me. But now you'll be getting an extended lockdown blog, does that make up for it?


So here's what's been brewing in our kitchen for the last week. We harvested my mother in law's olive tree (she's our neighbour and we used appropriate distancing as she's staying in her own bubble). They've soaked for a week with regular water changes and now they are in a brine. There are more steps to go and we are playing around really as we've never done this before. But hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

And they look pretty....

1 comment:

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!