This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Deadline Met. Happy Boy.

 I am the mother of a six year old.  Crazy!  It makes me feel just a little bit old.  (I'm going to feel positively ancient by the time he's ten).  The people that love my son know him quite well - he got two of these tee-shirts.  He was very excited about that - one to wear when the other one is in the wash!

I managed to finish the Dragon quilt, although there is a very ugly seam that needs unpicking and sowing by hand (I'll sneak it off his bed one night for that).  I ignored all housework while I was frantically stitching - and you can get a bit of an idea from the photo above what an absolute bombsite the house is.

So I was very, very grateful to the weather gods who kept it fine so that we could proceed with the outdoor beach birthday party.  It was a huge success.  By that I mean we didn't drown or lose any children.  Phew. 

And my son made my life extra easy by wanting a "fancy chocolate cake like the supermarket ones".  It took me about a third of the time it normally takes me to decorate a birthday cake and it was THAT good that when I'm not drooping with exhaustion like I am now, I will post the recipe.

Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. Well done - sounds like a successful day - and good on you for getting the quilt finished in time - if you can sneak it off his bed, I'd love a 'proper' look at it! Happy Birthday to your son :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did well girl! And you are old, haha, but not as old as I'll be when MINE turns 6, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think you're old - mine just turned 12!! She's convinced me to let her watch Avatar with her bestie. Happy birthday Master W! What a clever Mummy you have.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.