This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sand in my stitching.

Hubby had to do a few hours work today, so I packed up the kids and went with him to Paihia.  Kids and I went to the beach, Hubby went to work.  Hmm, who got the best deal?

Fish and Chips - a kiwi tradition.

This gappy wee boy has made a killing from the tooth fairy lately!
Don't play with your food!


I took my paper piecing.  It's so portable.  I made the little snap-closed purse from a tutorial by Rashida Coleman-Hale, I just enlarged the pattern.  This one fits a small pair scissors, a couple spools of thread and my little needle book.

The kids played happily in the sand for ages.  They went for a quick swim but it's cooling down, Autumn is on it's way and Autumn is my favourite season.  What's yours?

6 comments:

  1. I love autumn too..love the cool mornings but sunny days :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've almost forgotten what summer felt like down here - I think I'll take a hot water bottle to bed tonight :)

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day - so pleased you've got your priorities right and took along some stitching. It's almost slipper weather this morning 'down' country!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Raewyn I have my slippers on as we blog!
    Mmmm fish n chips at the beach, if anyone asked me where my favourite restaurant is, I would say fish n chips at the beach!
    Cute little pouch for your EPP, I look forward to seeing the progress on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see Miss Muffet is back in full health - and love her hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite lazy meal, fish and chips. We have some enormous toothless gaps here too right now.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.