My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Lockdown Day 3

I'm heading off to work tonight for a 12 hour night shift. I'm a little nervous, but in truth, I have very little to fear. I am working in a 'green' area in the hospital, theoretically we shouldn't have any women with suspected or confirmed Covid-19 through our doors. We have also got lots of plans in place, lots of protocols to keep myself and any patients we have safe. But still.

We've also been doing lots of planning here as a family on how I'm going to keep them safe. Things to do with clothes changing, showering, taking disposable food containers to work etc. Sometimes it seems like overkill and then I read about the death toll in Italy again...


The clear winner in this lockdown is our dog. She loves having us all home, all the time, and is getting exhausted (she's old) with all the walks we've been taking her on just to get out in the fresh air. 


Here's a better photo of her (in her favourite state) where you can see how grey she's getting. 

I'm wondering what all the pets in NZ think of what's going on. Dogs will be loving it, cats might wonder why they are being constantly disturbed, budgies will be learning new words and goldfish...well, goldfish won't even notice.

2 comments:

  1. remember each time you set off for work, back home is your family & quilt making is waiting to be with you when you return...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay safe at work,that is a beautiful photo of your dog.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!