My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Lockdown Day 4

Today just seems like a normal Sunday. It really does.

I worked last night, it was super quiet, nobody in, no phone calls, so I managed to catch a few zzzz's in the lazy boy. It felt a little like the calm before the storm, but I decided to look on the bright side of it and relish the nap instead of worrying. I took the photo below on the way home where I stopped at the inlet for a breath of head-clearing air.

So today I didn't need to sleep for long, walked the dog, did some quilting, did some dyeing, did some gardening, let the kids muck around on their devices, sent them foraging for wild grapes. All just like a normal Sunday.

Except we had the sad news that New Zealand has had our first death due to Covid-19. Rest in peace, lady from the West Coast, may your spirit fly free. I feel for your family at this time. Unable to gather and grieve together.


2 comments:

  1. Did you ever talk about your work? I know you are a midwife, but in terms of what a typical day (or night) is like? Was today's day weird? Or do you normally have days like that.

    The US has now passed China in number of infections. Yes, more testing; yes, better statistics. I know. It still seems like a very sad milestone. How are your kids taking the whole situation?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!