something actually got finished. Well, the quilting bit got finished. I started this quilt last year but folded it and put it away when I was half-way through quilting it. I don't know why. This year I made a resolution to try put a little work in on one UFO a week.
I free motion quilted a large flower in the center, then surrounded it with a meandering vine. There are leaf motifs on two of the fabrics so it ties in nicely (in my humble opinion!). You can click on the pic to make it a bit bigger if you want.
In between the less exciting bits of life - the making of dinner, the folding of washing, and the doing of dishes - I'm getting organised for Quilt Symposium 2011. I was lucky enough to get all three classes I requested and am just starting to get enthusiastic! I'll be doing Celtic Cutwork with Yvonne Brown, Pattern Play with Jane Sassaman, and Art Quilt - Line Dancing with Jeanette De Nicolis Meyer. My requirements lists aren't long and I'm hiring a machine so I'm hoping to be well below my luggage limit - so I can bring some yummies back with me of course!