This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hazards of dyeing.


I did a little more dyeing today.  I'm trying to use up what seems like never-ending squeezy bottles of dye concentrates.  I bought seven colours and made these up into 1 cup (250ml) solutions.  I also made up a couple of greens and a dark purple.  I've dyed more than 12 metres of fabric in slightly bigger than fat quarter sized bits.  And I'm starting to get over it!  But finally I've only got a bit of fuchsia and the dark purple left and that's it.  No more dyeing for a week or two.

And I'm guessing I had a hole in my gloves.

3 comments:

  1. One of my best pieces was from 'left overs'. My worst piece was the one I carefully planned :) Go figure! BTW interesting hands are a given when dyeing - there is always a hole no matter what :)

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought that was an interesting bruise!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.