My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hazards of dyeing.


I did a little more dyeing today.  I'm trying to use up what seems like never-ending squeezy bottles of dye concentrates.  I bought seven colours and made these up into 1 cup (250ml) solutions.  I also made up a couple of greens and a dark purple.  I've dyed more than 12 metres of fabric in slightly bigger than fat quarter sized bits.  And I'm starting to get over it!  But finally I've only got a bit of fuchsia and the dark purple left and that's it.  No more dyeing for a week or two.

And I'm guessing I had a hole in my gloves.

3 comments:

  1. One of my best pieces was from 'left overs'. My worst piece was the one I carefully planned :) Go figure! BTW interesting hands are a given when dyeing - there is always a hole no matter what :)

    viv

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance I thought that was an interesting bruise!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!