Just a quick post today with some of my recent hand dyeing. It's a quick post because I'm busy getting ready for beginners class tonight and sewing up samples and writing instructions. It seems to take a stack of time!
I was aiming for some more 'ish' kind of colours - not pure hues and I also wanted some tints (colour with white added, which with dye is diluted dye). The second photo was dyed light orange then folded and one edge rested in pure dye. I love the effect the wicking action gave.
I also dyed some silk. I expected lighter colours than I got because silk tends to dye a little lighter than cotton, but the colour I used as a base for all these (I was trying out a series theory) is a pretty tenacious colour. I must remember that in future!
I wish you could see the lustre of the silk, just yummy.