This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Show Notes - Podcast - Episode Three

I tried something new today and went mobile with a handheld voice recorder.  My stitching group were my guinea pigs and I have to say a big thank you to Steph, Monika and especially Suz who let me try out my interviewing skills.

Suz's blog: http://www.suz-allthegoodonesaretaken.blogspot.co.nz
Monika's blog: http://monika-quiltingjourney.blogspot.co.nz

Here is an image of Suz's very first quilt she made about ten years ago - we talk about it in our interview.  Go visit her blog for a look at the type of quilts she makes now - she's pretty talented!

Sorry - taken on my iPad so not the best pic.
I know my audio isn't perfect, but I think it's listenable.  I'm getting better at using my software - I managed to splice three different audio files into one today - go me!  And I'll get better at using my handheld recorder too.

Hope you enjoy it!


and you'll find me on iTunes under The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady.


2 comments:

  1. First up, my voice didn't sound half as terrible as I expected - although nothing like what it "really" sounds like to me. What great fun! Don't bring it again next time... just kidding :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share this HST technique with your friend: http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/2011/09/jo-morton-triangle-technique/. I know she has the triangle ruler, but this might help her and prevent her from having to print off templates.
    Jaye
    artquiltmaker.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.