My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Thankful

I live in a beautiful place.  Sometimes I forget that and grumble about my dusty car, or my long drive to pick up the kids, or the cow poo on the road.  So I'm making a conscious effort to remember how lucky I am.

I'm lucky that my closest neighbour is more than 100 metres away.

I'm lucky that I see mist instead of smog.


I'm thankful that I can smell fresh air, animals and grass.

I'm lucky that I can keep chooks and collect my own eggs.


I'm lucky that I have no one telling me that my grass is too long/too short/too patchy/too green.

I'm thankful that my view is hills and paddocks and trees.


I'm lucky that I have a beautiful place to call home.

I'm lucky and I'm thankful.

8 comments:

  1. I agree, you are lucky. Your surroundings look idyllic to me, I could see myself living there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Charlotte! I just put a 7 day grateful list thingy in poppy's lunchbox today to teach her and myself more about being grateful for the smallest and biggest of things....timely post :) xxx and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! Appreciation is the best gift you can give yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh grass, where art thou? Ours is brown and non-existent, trying to find enough for two guinea pigs is tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are just beautiful! You are in a stunning part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have these little reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Charlotte I so agree... my life in Hunua reflects all that you said. I will post some photos of my neck of the woods soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning thank you for showing us and love your podcast. Will most certainly listen to every one and can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!