My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I've been absent for a few days. I got lost. I do that occasionally. Lost in a book. I will read and read and read and read and take the book to the laundry with me and try and fill the washing machine one handed.



Now I don't profess to be a book critic. I don't belong to a book club and I don't spend time analysing the themes etc. (Hey, I don't have time to analyse themes - I'm READING!). But this book grabbed me - not immediately - but in the end, so thoroughly, that I stayed up to midnight last night finishing it.









I don't like to recommend books to anyone - tastes differ so much. But if you're going on a long holiday (it's about 900 pages odd), maybe pack this one.




I've also been thinking about some remodelling - a blogovation if you like. Back when I started this blog I called it "The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady" for no better reason than it popped into my head (it might have something to do with all the night shifts I was doing). But I've found out I can change the name, and seeing as this blog's content is about 80% Windyhill Farm life and 10% Quilting and 10% Rabbiting On, I thought maybe I should change the name. What do you think?




Plus I'm not really Slightly Mad.




Truly.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I've read his other book, 'She's come Undone" Liked it a lot, even if it is slightly odd :)
    I love "the slightly mad quilt lady' so I vote keep!
    However totally up to you. I've changed mine a couple of times so see where you're coming from xx
    ps ho are the chooks coming on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "TheWindyHillQuiltRabbitingLady?"

    Just kidding.

    I kinda like your blog name. Really. Although I don't think you are really mad. :-) --- But then again aren't we all slightly insane? ;-) --- I mean, normal is boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Loved that book, too! Been a while.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!