This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I've been absent for a few days. I got lost. I do that occasionally. Lost in a book. I will read and read and read and read and take the book to the laundry with me and try and fill the washing machine one handed.



Now I don't profess to be a book critic. I don't belong to a book club and I don't spend time analysing the themes etc. (Hey, I don't have time to analyse themes - I'm READING!). But this book grabbed me - not immediately - but in the end, so thoroughly, that I stayed up to midnight last night finishing it.









I don't like to recommend books to anyone - tastes differ so much. But if you're going on a long holiday (it's about 900 pages odd), maybe pack this one.




I've also been thinking about some remodelling - a blogovation if you like. Back when I started this blog I called it "The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady" for no better reason than it popped into my head (it might have something to do with all the night shifts I was doing). But I've found out I can change the name, and seeing as this blog's content is about 80% Windyhill Farm life and 10% Quilting and 10% Rabbiting On, I thought maybe I should change the name. What do you think?




Plus I'm not really Slightly Mad.




Truly.

3 comments:

  1. oh, I've read his other book, 'She's come Undone" Liked it a lot, even if it is slightly odd :)
    I love "the slightly mad quilt lady' so I vote keep!
    However totally up to you. I've changed mine a couple of times so see where you're coming from xx
    ps ho are the chooks coming on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about "TheWindyHillQuiltRabbitingLady?"

    Just kidding.

    I kinda like your blog name. Really. Although I don't think you are really mad. :-) --- But then again aren't we all slightly insane? ;-) --- I mean, normal is boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Loved that book, too! Been a while.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.