This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Home, sweet home.

It is very, very good to be back home.  We arrived last night after a big drive from Hamilton, with a stop-off in Auckland to have lunch with some of my relatives who I haven't caught up with in a while.  Kids were very well behaved - even when I dragged them into The Apple Basket quilt store in Kaiwaka.  What lovely ladies in there, they let us use the bathroom and even gave my kids a cracker.  And such drool-worthy fabrics and patterns - worth a stop if you are passing.

Anyway,  introducing my newest nephew, who was the primary reason for my travels:






Is he just not the squishest, cutest little thing?!  Almost made me want another one....almost.

Lots of things have happened here since I've been gone.  But I'll tease them out over a few posts.  Right now I have to get back to unpacking, doing umpteen loads of laundry and admiring the newest batch of rabbits.  Nine altogether and born yesterday (I think!).


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet wee one! I bet it was difficult to leave him, lucky girl you. I am gladd all went well and that you arrived home safely. Take care, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home, we've missed you! Cute babies!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.