This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm knackered.

But not too knackered to show off!  All the bare-rooted fruit trees are planted, mulched and staked - but not tied yet - no hurricanes tonight please.

All the poplar and willow poles are in.  Little soldier lines of stakes.  They are close, but we figure we will get a better shelter sooner - and hubby is itching to use the chainsaw in a few years time.

My tree-planting hero.  We are in sight of the finish line, with only about 100 trees to go.

We've already lost a couple to wild rabbits so I sprayed the remaining ones with our super duper rabbit repellent. 

5 eggs
150 mls acrylic white paint
(I actually don't think the rabbits will mind what colour you use)
600 mls of water

Mix well and spray over your seedlings with a fine setting.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice work! Imagine when they all start producing, mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well done! Just imagine all that shade to come...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good especially in about 5 years :)

    viv in dunedin

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.