My name is Charlotte, sometimes known as Ms Lottie, occasionally as The Slightly Mad Quilt Lady. This is my blog, where you'll find me writing a lot about my quilting and textile arts and a little about my family's life in a small seaside town in New Zealand. Haere mai!

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Lockdown Day 13

Almost two weeks done. And if I'm optimistic, it looks like New Zealand's daily amount of new cases may be starting to slow. We'll keep watching and waiting and staying at home of course, another two weeks to go.

One more 12 hour shift at work today and now I've got a good stretch of time off.

So here is another set of throwback photos, as once again, I haven't got lots of writing mojo.


Scrolling through old photos is like finding buried treasure. I had forgotten about this little quilt, but I really liked it at the time, and I still do. It went to a very good home up further North in New Zealand, to another artist's house.

Albatross are amazing birds, with incredible lives and the long skinny shape was meant to imitate the feeling of their impressive wing span. I hope that I managed to invoke a sense of the birds gliding and that the fabrics reference the multiple and varied colours of sky and sea. 


Here's a close up of the feather before I did the quilting. Yummy fabrics, rusted and dyed.


Here's an arty shot of it when I had it displayed in my little gallery. The pots are by Jane Shaw and Pete Yeates. And I liked that it looked just as good draped as it did on the wall.


And a close-up photo of the quilting. I wanted an isobar look to go with the albatross theme. And I was really happy with how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! I have feathers on the mind and might need to do something with the imagery. Love that sky blue fabric in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :)
Due to a huge increase in spam, I've disabled anonymous comments. Apologies if this effects any real life readers!