This blog is a bit of a ramble through my life. There's a lot about quilting and textile arts, a sprinkle of my family life and some of my thoughts and ponderings. We currently live aboard an old wooden 1945 Navy boat, called MV Cerego, so you'll find me writing about that too. Welcome aboard!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Another Finish.


I'm on a nightie roll.  This is my second one from the Sew Mama Sew! tutorial.  Another op-shop sheet and the purple fabric used to be a pair of pyjama pants that, er, split in an unfortunate manner.  I was even able to use the drawstring tie as the shoulder straps.  I think I'm almost ready to tackle a garment that gets worn in public.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I'm not a nightie wearer, otherwise I'd try making one too. Pj pants and a t-shirt (or tank) for me thanks, though I'm sure hubby would prefer me in something more like what you've made, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea. I never thought of that. Old sheet fabric is so soft and yummy too. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour combo - I'm not a nightie wearer either, underwear and a t-shirt or singlet for me. But I love what you've done. Miss 12 wants me to make her one too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love reading comments, so thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a message :) I read every one and I endeavour to reply via email if you have a reply-enabled account.